The best part of this recipe is that it can be switched up to reflect what you already have at home, what’s in season, or the tastes you desire. This is great to make for a summer party or at the beginning of the week for lunches. Do you have a favorite pasta salad recipe? Let us know in the comments.
1 box of casserole elbows
3/4 bottle of a dressing of your choosing (I used Avocado Oil Vinaigrette)
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
1/2 orange pepper chopped (or pepper of your choosing)
1/2 jalapeño pepper chopped into small pieces (if you don’t like heat, remove the seeds before chopping)
Optional: Feta cheese.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the elbows.
- Cook until al dente or your desired texture.
- Drain the elbows and spray with cold water for 30 seconds to bring the temperature down a bit.
- Mix in half the bottle of dressing, and refrigerate the noodle/dressing mixture until chilled.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and the remaining quarter bottle of dressing, and serve or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve you can top with feta cheese if you desire.