Creating Your Own Personal Healthy Living and Eating System Through Permaculture Design: An intensive 72-hour Certification Program
With Lauren Chase-Rowell
Blue Moon Evolution, Exeter, NH and local farms
8-month course begins Sunday, April 21, 2013
Informational meeting on Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 9 am at Blue Moon Evolustion
This eight-month seasonally-driven holistic program will teach you the permaculture principles and ethics and how to:
• Explore the critical connection between biodiversity and the health of your food
• Create your own personal food system that reflects your own lifestyle and gets the most out of your garden and kitchen
• Start seeds, prepare and care for your soil, and preserve and store food throughout the year
• Perennialize your garden, build hedge rows, and food forests
• Incorporate natural buildings ideas into your interior and exterior home, including outdoor kitchens and root cellars
• Connect the dots between your health and your home through homemade natural cleaners, health and beauty aids, natural medicines, and taking a look at your cookware.
Participants who complete the program will receive a Permaculture Design Certification (PDC) from the International Permaculture Institute. Students must also be able to attend 4 other Food and Health Forum events for FREE as part of their training. And with a hale and hearty attitude comes the essence of maintaining your surroundings the same way, for neglecting it might be half the reason you might get debilitated. Keep a tab on the house maintenance and know when should you schedule a roofing inspection, among other things.
Instructor: Lauren Chase-Rowell, a 30 year practitioner of earth-centered living, integrates the art and science of interior and exterior design using permaculture, nutrient-dense farming, and small foot-print practices. She taught sustainable landscaping and horticulture at UNH for 14 years, and was the recipient of the 2009 Presidents’ Community Partner Award. Other special guests will include chefs, nutritionist, foragers, farmers, and herbalists.
Dates/hours: (Sundays) April 21, May 19th, June 9, July 21, August 18, September 20 (Friday), October 20, November 17, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm / Fee: $1,000 (payment plans available) Location: Blue Moon Evolution and local farms.
Spare some time to read up on fiberglass planters and learn how you can avail their services to landscape your project.