It’s Seacoast Harvest time again! This is going to be the 8th annual edition. How time flies when you’re having fun!
We’re looking for someone to help the sponsorships for Seacoast Harvest. This is a very significant job, as Seacoast Harvest is entirely funded by sponsorships and donations. It’s also a job that builds on a solid foundation of an amazing community of local businesses that support this publication year after year. Please forward widely!
Sponsorship Coordinator for Seacoast Eat Local’s Seacoast Harvest Publication
Seacoast Eat Local seeks a contract Sponsorship Coordinator to provide support in all areas of the Sponsorship department, in order to meet or exceed Seacoast Eat Local’s Seacoast Harvest fundraising goal of $20,000 in sponsorships. The Sponsorship Coordinator reports to the Seacoast Harvest Committee.
- Seek and secure financial and in-kind support from the sponsorship database
- Cold calling potential sponsors
- Assisting with Preparing Sponsorship Proposal documents and mailings
- Maintain excellent relationships with existing corporate and business donors and partners
- Communication with the sponsors throughout the mandate (emails or phone calls)
- Ensure collection of donation checks and maintain complete records
- Liaise with graphic designers for sponsors and start to finish design requirements
- Maintain accurate records of all sponsors approached and outcomes
- Maintain a solid understanding of Seacoast Eat Local, its programs and initiatives, history and goals
- Write relevant correspondence, including letters, as appropriate develop and edit proposals, reports, correspondence, solicitations, and receipts
Useful skills and experiences: Friendly assertiveness; excellent and clear communication; previous experience in applying for sponsorship contracts (preferable); basic marketing knowledge (preferable)
The time commitment required to complete the responsibilities of the Fundraising and Sponsorship Coordinator of Seacoast Harvest is estimated to be a total of 100 hours, to be completed between February and April 30.
Compensation for successful completion of the responsibilities will be $2,000. Additional compensation will be awarded for surpassing the fundraising goal.
How to apply
Forward a copy of your resume to Brendan Cornwell at [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately.