Cucumbers are finally at market, and let’s just say I’m excited! This recipe is so easy to throw together on a busy day, and is super refreshing when the weather is getting warmer. It can be modified to meet your taste and desires so feel free to change it up how you see fit.
Serves: 4 people
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 ½ teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 medium/large cucumbers
- ½ medium red onion
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- Mint for garnish
- Hemp seeds to top
- In a bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, maple syrup, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Run a fork down the length of the cucumber with medium pressure until you reach the base and repeat around the entire cucumber.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife slice the cucumber into thin slices ( I used the 3/16” setting on the mandolin).
- Repeat step 3 for ½ medium red onion and chop slices in half.
- Add olives and mint.
- Garnish with mint and top with hemp seeds.
- You can also add feta cheese if you desire.
Storage: This can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days, to refresh squeeze a little lemon juice over the top and mix well.
Spotlight: Cucumbers are in season May through August.
Do you have a favorite cucumber salad or summer recipe? Please share in the comments.
Photo taken at Portsmouth Farmers Market of Riverside Farm’s cucumbers.